- "It felt like halfway through the author just got bored and decided to torture us."
- "It wasn't entertaining, just depressing as all get out. Shame on the author for such a let down."
- "I don't mind being "played" as a reader if the payoff is 'Of course!' the way it often is in these twisty little passages of novels, but this just made me feel I was playing in a mudbox and I wanted to wipe it off my hands."
- "A book of pure hate, not the least of which is a long series of characters (not all of them men) who are both obvious and subtle misogynists."
- "Mystery readers like to have all information and try to figure out the plot. Did not happen in this book."
- "As obviously brilliant and insightful as the author is about the mind of men and women, SURELY she could have come up with a twist in the end to not leave you feeling like you need a shower to wash it off of you. And I don't mean that in a good way."
- "I read fiction in order to have a vicarious experience that I enjoy. That's why I don't read stuff with excessive gore, explicit endless hump-hump-hump sex, or 'inside the mind of a serial killer' because I do not WANT to be in there. I want to be in a fun rollercoaster ride that delivers what it promises. This did not."
- "I'm sorry it didn't turn out better for all of our sakes."
6 hours ago